FHNS has a program aimed at bringing the opportunity to play indoor field hockey to all interested schools and recreation associations across Nova Scotia.
The program targets all school children from grade 6 – 20, categorising learners into 3 groups: elementary (6 - 12), junior high (13-16), and senior high (17 - 20).
Purpose of the Program
- The emphasis is ondeveloping physical literacy through a fun, structured, and safe environment.
- Introduce athletes to the game of field hockey.
- Focus on creating self-esteem within athletes through reinforcement of individual efforts versus outcomes.
- Many of the activities in the program involve mini competitions which focuses on participation
- Foster sportsmanship and ethical play, positively reinforce strengths, and allow the athletes to enjoy the nature of competition
What We Provide
Field Hockey Nova Scotia is adopting the Try-Learn-Play pathway to introduce our sport to children at an earlier age.
- All sessions are split to cater for various age groups (Elementary / Junior High / Senior High)
- 6 – 8 session program run in a 6 - 8 week cycle (6 training sessions; 2 practice games)
- All equipment along with a certified coach to lead all practises
- End of program tournament if numbers allow
- Umpires for end of season tournament
- Field Hockey Canada Community Coaching Course for your physical education teachers or community program leaders
- Establish if there is enough interest from the boys and girls
- Provide us with a minimum of 2 hours facility time per week
- Commitment to attend FHNS Community Coaching Course and / or teacher involvement
- A minimal fee which covers:
- Administrative expenses
- Membership in Field Hockey Nova Scotia
- Field Hockey Canada news
How to Join
If you would like to register for the program or have any questions please contact:
Stephen Goosen, Director of Development. Tel: 902-471-4007 firstname.lastname@example.org